Thinking about paying for legal fees is a stress on top of the legal situation you are trying to resolve. At The Merna Law Group we offer several affordable options depending on the type of legal service you are seeking to resolve. Schedule a consultation today!
Our Payment Plans For Bankruptcy & Divorce
Chapter 7 Payment Plans
If you can afford $100 per month, you can afford us. Yes, we offer a payment plan of $100 a month to initially begin your bankruptcy. This is a pre-filing payment plan. Your case does not get filed until you reach the balance due. However, you will undoubtedly be instructed to stop paying the debt that will be discharged by your bankruptcy and refer the calls to our office. We will begin working on your case immediately.
With the money you have were using to pay your creditors, you will be able to afford our bankruptcy services and ultimately get your bankruptcy filed and begin recovering your credit and your financial life.
In a rush? Other affordable options are possible but are based on your individual situation. Please schedule a free consultation to discuss available affordable payment options.
Chapter 13 Payment Plans
If you in need of reorganizing your debt or catch-up on your house payment through a Chapter 13, the good news is you can pay most of the attorney fees through the Chapter 13 repayment plan. How much will be required up front is based on how complicated the case is and requires a free consultation for the attorney to decide on what financial arrangement we can make.
Things That Make Cases Expensive
- Delaying! Delaying! Delaying! If you are on our site, which you are, you need to call and schedule a free consultation. You may not need to file for a while but waiting will only increase the rush, the chance of losing property, the likelihood it will be more expensive.
Divorce Payment Plans
There are two types of divorce: contested & uncontested. Uncontested is easy. We will break the fees up over the phases of your case. You can file right away, however, your case proceeds based on your payment plan.
In a contested divorce, you are required to deposit a “retainer”amount depending on the complication and level of dispute. You can fund paying this “retainer” at your leisure. The case, however, will not proceed until the agreed retainer is reached.
Call to schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney the consultation is free is your retain us. However, there is a $100 upfront fee for the consultation which is applied to the fees required in the event you retain us to handle your matter.
A Final Word On The Stress of Paying Attorney Fees
We know paying attorney fees to have a lawyer assist you with a legal matter is stressful. However, here is the reality.
- Most bankruptcy clients are paying more to support the debt they can’t afford in just a few months than what they would pay their attorney to get rid of it forever.
- Stressing over money causes delay. Delay causes additional expenses or losses.
- A stress-free life truly doesn’t start again until you get your legal matter behind you. Make getting it done a priority.
- Most people filing divorce just want out. This is a very expensive mind-set. They think they are being the bigger person. However, I have seen clients that would have avoided bankruptcy had they had a divorce attorney to represent them. The reverse is also true. Had people eliminated the debt earlier their relationship might have been salvages. Financial stress is the number one reason given for divorce.
Disclaimer: The Merna Law Group reserves the right not to extend a payment arrangement.
by John G. Merna
Connect on Google+