The Merna Law Group
Job Opening: Customer Support Team Member
The Merna Law Group Customer Support Staff are highly motivated and upbeat individuals who enjoy assisting people. The support staff understands that persons seeking the services of The Merna Law Group are stressed and often afraid of the situations for which they are seeking assistance. Customer Support helps potential clients by offering them a free consultation with an attorney designed to educate the individual to actions that can eliminate their stresses.
This position is not sales although the repetition of tasks (phone calls, emails and scheduling) can take on the quality of sales in that the same processes are taken with each prospect with the intention of gaining an appointment.
This position requires attention to detail, a positive understanding of the job and its importance as well as the ability to document and communicate the effectiveness of daily activities plainly and regularly.
Customer Support Position Accountability
- This position reports directly to John G. Merna (Senior Attorney) and Cisco Jablonski (Marketing)
- This position is responsible for following up internet leads on an hourly basis (business day)
- Leads come in via e-mail and are called, emailed and texted within one hour of the business day
- Lead activities are recorded throughout the day
- Receiving leads from email
- Immediately calling the lead
- Immediately e-mailing the lead appointment selections
- Following up phone call and e-mail with a text message
- Adding the emails from leads to company mailing list
- “Friending” leads on Facebook
- Providing leads with information and resources facilitating their appointment and case
- Completing a daily report of all lead activities for the day
- Scheduling and rescheduling appointments
- End-of-day reminder calls for the next day of appointments
- Answering appointment related questions
- Directing clients to the place of business
- Directing clients to contact information about their attorney
- Directing clients to basic facts of bankruptcy proceeding
The Purpose of the Customer Service Position
This position is simple in its role to the organization but has complexities in the application of practices from day to day. The ideal candidate enjoys people, is a strong listener, is energetic and kind but above all… consistent. The customer support person is often the first and primary contact of The Merna Law Group a potential client will encounter. There is no room for error in serving people with impeccable service and high standards of patience and kindness.
- To schedule appointments for the attorneys of The Merna Law Group.
- To make it easier for clients to have an appointment with our attorneys
- To support the information needs of our clients
- To increase the numbers of appointments based on leads
- To demonstrate to potential and existing clients that they are cared about and valued as a client of The Merna Law Group
Required Personal Skills
- Kind and pleasant personality
- The ability to keep things simple and efficient
- The ability to accept criticism and direction
- Attention to detail
- The ability to focus on singular tasks
- Understanding of the position in regards to business goals
Required Technical Skills
- 50-60 Words Per Minute
- Exemplary Microsoft Office 2010 Application Skills (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High School Diploma
- Some College or Business/Trade School
Some previous work experience in sales or in legal practice are a plus but not a requirement. We will fully train the right candidate and provide daily assistance and support for the position. Compensation for the right individual will commensurate with experience and skill set. This is an in-office, non-commission position. We offer a casual yet professional work environment that is clean positive and upbeat with a windowed work area centrally located in Virginia Beach close to I-264.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Merna Law Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.